Friday, October 19, 2007

Opulent Birthday Wishes

Hello stampers and friends!! So sorry for being away for a few days! :( Have you ever started home improvement projects that just seem to take on a life of their own?? Well that is what I am in the midst of now!! As you know from my previous posts I am going through a divorce and my soon-to-be-ex-husband did move out last Saturday. I am very thankful to my Lord in Heaven for how uncomplicated this whole thing has been. Needless to say, now I am starting on my remodeling projects that have been on hold for quite some time. And I'm not talking just one project, no I have to tackle multiple projects!! Some of the renovations are being completed by professionals, such as my wood flooring and new carpeting, but all of that id dependent on me pulling up old carpet and such! Which means I have had limited time for stamping, much to my dismay!! Never fear though I do have stamping projects coming up which will be posted.

The card for today is for the Limited Supply challenge on SCS. This week's theme is Quick & Easy. While this card may look like it took awhile to complete, in reality it took me only about 25 minutes to put together. The hardest part was deciding which colors to use!! I already knew what stamp set I wanted to use.

For Limited Supplies we could use one flower stamp, inked once and we could do generation stamping with this stamp if we wanted. One swirl stamp and a sentiment were the other allowable stamps. Our layers were to be self limited, we could use plain and patterned paper, the only embellishment allowed was ribbon and we could use any type of "quick" tools such as punches, Cuttlebug, etc.

Since I just received Garden Silhouettes I wanted to use the flower branch from that set and I used the swirl from Baroque Motifs. My sentiment came from Circle of Friendship. The colors I opted for Orchid Opulence, Basic Black, Wild Wasabi text. and Whisper White. The patterned green panel from last summers Petal Patch.

I used my Orchid Opulence, Certainly Celery and Elegant Eggplant markers to color the flowers and stamped 3 times on the WW panel. Some light sponging in Orchid Opulence around the edges finished off the main panel.

I used Wild Wasabi ink on the wasabi panel with the Baroque Motif swirl. The remainder of the card is pretty self explanatory.


Take care and Happy Stamping!!


~~~Ann~~~

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I love this card! The colors are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!