Sunday, January 23, 2011

GCA #121 - Not Your Usual Valentine Image!!!


Hello all!!!  I see the unusual Valentine colors kept some of you away, but I hope you can find that unusual Valentine image to play along this week!!  I just love using things that not necessarily meant for that particular holiday on my cards or projects.

For this week, I want you to look through your stamps/images and see what you have that you can use on a Valentine card.  Do you need to make a masculine Valentine?  How about a motorcycle, truck or skateboard and use the traditional Valentine colors.  What about using any of those cute monster stamps out there to make kids Valentines?

Of course, there is one catch!!!  You must use non-traditional images as your focal point.  This focal point cannot be a Valentine themed image.   You may use hearts on your card, but only from punches, die cuts or whatever.  No stamped hearts!!  And, you may use any colors you wish to create your projects.  (not shouting, just making sure this is seen!)

Well, now that the end of the week is here, here is my sample!!!   This was one crazy week, I tell you!  Anyway, on to the card! 

I wanted to make a "manly" Valentine card for my supervisor (without being mushy!) and so I pulled out Uncharted Territory.  Both of the images are water colored, using my stamp pads and aquapainter.  I used Whisper White, only because I have no watercolor paper, and you can tell it warped the card stock.  Oh well, it lends to the overall wavy, lake feel!

My layout came from the November 2010 CardMaker sketch #20.  I did alter it a bit by putting the embossed strip under the panels and not over the larger one.  The colors I used are Poppy Parade, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, Whisper White and Poppy Parade dsp.
Upload your creation to either your blog or to an online gallery and post a link to your creation to this blog entry by January 29, 2011 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner the next day. If you upload your card to SCS, PaperCraft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, Stampin' Connection (for SU! demos) or Stamp TV, please put GCA121 in your keywords. That way everyone can see all of the wonderful creations at once!


Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenges and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! And yes, my challenge is open to everyone who visits, even if you live outside the US!


Happy Stamping!!!!


~~~Ann~~~~

10 comments:

Erica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica said...

Fun challenge! Here is my CARD!

sparklingblackrose said...

http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.com/2011/01/vintage-tilda.html
Here is my card :-) xxx

sammi said...

Here is mine:

I hope it counts since there is a heart brad and heart paper

Katie said...

Great challenge!
Here's my card

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann ! My card revolved around your theme of unusual valentine image. Hope you like it :)
Naush

Anonymous said...

Oops forget to leave the link here ! Here's my address :

http://doodlebuddies.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/sail-boat-for-him/

Hugs
Naush

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann, Here's my other card for love card with unusual image :)

http://doodlebuddies.wordpress.com/2011/01/27/blessings-and-a-light-house/

c ya darling.

naush

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Hi Ann - such a fun challenge. ;D Here's my entry:

http://forgottenscraps.blogspot.com/2011/01/monster-sweet-tooth.html

Kelly said...

Thanks for the challenge here is my entry:

http://kellyskreativekorner.blogspot.com/2011/01/for-sweetheart.html