Thursday, March 18, 2010


Hello all!!! Well, I made this card using the same sketch as for the scrapbook page, and I really like how this turned out.

Stampin' Up! has a community site for demos only and I host the weekly Be Inspired Challenge. This week our inspiration is to use Geometric Shapes. One of the pictures I chose showed the different shapes using primary colors and that is what I went with on here.

I started with a Whisper White card base and then used Brilliant Blue, Only Orange, Real Red and Yo Yo Yellow. While I had this pictured in my head, it was a tad brighter than how it actually turned out. The Bold Brights family is not one I often gravitate too.

The stamp set I used is Fox & Friends in Occasions mini. I have the clear mount set and I love it! They are so much easier to use for positioning, but they are still the solid red rubber that Stampin' Up! is known for!

Next week I'll be showing you some cards/projects using a new set coming in the 2010 - 2011 catalog. It's a two-step set and you can get it in clear mount!! WooHoo for me!!! There is also a special starting April 1st, where hostesses can earn it free!!!

Obviously, I used the same colors of ink as the card stock. I just put the different colors on different colored mats.

The sentiment set is from Whimsical Words, which is a Sale-A-Bration set and you can earn for free with any $50 order. But, only until the end of this month. And yes, I have this in the clear mount and it made it sooooo easy to put the sentiment right where I wanted.

Now, you can't tell very well in the photo, but the giraffe panel is up on thick dimensionals and the other two are up on thinner ones. The yellow strip is adhered directly to the card front.

My embellishments are buttons from the Playground and Latte sets and the red gingham ribbon.

I think this will make the perfect baby boy card! What do you think?

Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

2 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is so cute. I'm working on mine and hoping to get it done today. Have a fabulous weekend.

StampinCathy said...

I have two for this week.
Here is my girlie girl one:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1659694?&cat=500&ppuser=66979

Here is my little manly man one:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1659695?&cat=500&ppuser=66979