Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween with love!!!!



Hello all!!! I hope you are having a Happy Halloween and celebrating it in your own fashion. My grandson Cameron is eagerly awaiting trick or treat time! He has been wearing his costume since Thursday night when I picked him up!! He is so cute!

Today I have two creations for you! I know, I know - I don't post all week and then I post two samples at the same time!! LOL!!

My first card is a Halloween card (how fitting, right?) that I made for one of my good customers and friend, Kathleen. I am putting together a little treat bag for her and will take it over to her today.

Since the only Halloween set I have is Halloween Frights, that is what I used! The sketch is SC252 on SCS.

I started out by stamping my trees, from Lovely As A Tree, in black staz on on Whisper White. I then sponged the grass in Certainly Celery and over stamped that with some Old Olive. The night sky was completed the same way with Bashful Blue and Brocade Blue.

The moon was masked with a 1 1/4" circle punched piece and then reversed it to actually sponged the colors for the moon. The base was Summer Sun and I over stamped that with some Going Gray and Basic Gray. Not quite sure how I managed the ring of white around the moon, but I like the effect.

The bats were stamped in basic black craft and clear embossed. I really like how this makes them pop against the sky.

The pumpkins were stamped in Pumpkin Pie, what else right? I then cut them out and popped them up with dimensionals. The middle one is up with two. I then pierced the bottom of the Pumpkin Pie layer.

My dsp is the new Cast-A-Spell (which I love!) even though you don't see much once I put the black panels on. Those panels were embossed with my diamond texture plate, but I didn't mist them first so the impression isn't that great. I used my Modern Label punch and M&S die for the sentiment. The orange ric rak is from last year, but I still have some left! I roughed the edges for added detail.


My second sample is a 12x12 scrapbook page I put together last night! I was so tired when doing this, but I had to be up with my grandson so I needed something to occupy me! And, my club girls this round want to do more scrapbooking, so I need to practice! And, this also qualifies for Shelli's challenge this month to create a scrapbook page!

The adorable little boy on here is my son at different ages in his first year, 1987! It warms my heart to look at these now and see the likeness my two grandsons have to their father.

My layout is based on a scrap map from SU! in 2008. Once I started moving my pictures around, it morphed! I took the colors of red and turquoise from his clothes and added the So Saffron and put it all on a Whisper White textured 12 x 12.

The dsp is the Write Stuff speciality as is the journal block and Flock Together. Since it already resembled notebook paper, I punched holes along the side and tore in between them.

The letters are chipboard, inked in Turquoise and clear embossed. Oh, that was fun!! Here's what the journal block reads:


"Gregory: You bring such joy & love to my life. I was amazed to watch you grow & develop into you during your first year. From learning to walk & discovering you, it just made me even more aware of how much... I Love U."


The hearts are punched with the Full Heart and Heart to Heart punch. I crimped the turquoise ones, but that doesn't show up too well. The circles were cut with my Circle Scissors Plus, which I think we have a love/hate relationship going! LOL!!


Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

No comments: