Sunday, January 25, 2009

GCA #26 - Say it with Stamps!!!


Hello everyone!! This week for the GCA the only stamping allowed is with the use of sentiment stamps!! NO flowers, hearts, birds stamps, etc. can be used! Only your sentiments! If you look around your stamp room I'm sure you'll find plenty of items/ways to create your card! You CAN use die cuts of flowers, birds etc on your creation, but the only actual stamping is with your sentiment stamp!

I'm finishing up my sample for you right now and will post a pic shortly! I was out too long yesterday enjoying the the beautiful sunshine and doing some shopping, which I haven't done in awhile!!! Found alot of great deals! ETA: Now my samples are done!! I have 2 for you!

My first sample I started on Tuesday for CC202: Bravo Burgundy, Regal Rose and Kiwi Kiss. Then WT202 was posted for finding ways to may your current dsp into "fancy" dsp! So I took my quickie glue pen and outlined all the tulips on my dsp, on the two cut out tulips and then decided to try TLC202: Tacky Glitter! You can click on the two challenges to find out more info on them. Lets say I have more glitter all over me and the room, than what is on my card!!! LOL! My sentiment I chose to use here is one of the newest stamps from Treehouse Stamps. I really like this sentiment as it really focuses one to what life is all about!


My second sample was designed my a sideline demo, Laura Miller, which we created during our recent Snowflake Social with our upline, Joyce Feraco. I just love how simple and easy this card was to make! NO stamping at all!!!! Sometimes we need to have quick and easy! The strip of dsp is the new Raspberry Tart, which is luscious!! The felt heart was cut out with one of the heart dies for our Big Shot. My sentiment on here is a rub on from the Eastern Blooms set, now retired.

I hope these samples give you some inspiration for creating a fantastic card with stamping only your sentiment!!!

To be entered in the challenge drawing, make a card using only sentiment stamps for your actual stamping, upload it either to your blog, or to an online gallery and post a link to your card to this blog entry as a comment by January 30, 2009 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner through a random number generator and post the next Saturday or Sunday.

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenge and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it!If you upload your card on SCS, or Paper Craft Planet, please put GCA26(NO SPACE IN BETWEEN GCA AND 26) in the keyword section. That way everyone can look at all of the creations at once! If you've been waiting to join in the fun, jump on in and have some fun!!

Happy Stamping!!


~~~Ann~~~

6 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Ann your cards are fabulous. I just love your take on this challenge. I still have to glue mine together and I might do 2 of them if I have time.

Corie said...

These are so beautiful!!

StampinCathy said...

Ann,
I just love this out of the box challenge. I'm going to try to do another if I get the chance.
Here is the finished one.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1208531?cat=500&ppuser=66979
Have a great and creative week.

The life of an ordinary girl said...

Ann here is my card for this week,
www.starstampers.blogspot.com,
papercraft planet or
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1211284?cat=500&ppuser=85110

Thanks
Brandy

Anonymous said...

Love the cards! Hugs

Linda B said...

These are so great. I love SU. Currently, I'm doing more jewelry design, though.

Linda
http://linorstorecom.blogspot.com