Hello everyone!!! Today is Sunday and that means another Getting Creative with Ann challenge!!! This week the focus is on all those UNOPENED, had to have them, love em and you haven't used them since you bought/received them, embellishments!! And I'm not talking about the embellies you just bought yesterday! I want you to scrounge your stamp space and find those poor neglected embellishments and put them to good use!
The embellishments you choose could be some you have purchased or you may have received as a gift from someone!
My sample for you combines two challenges: the GCA and the Featured Stamper #77 on SCS. You can see Julia's card here, that I choose.
Here are the changes I made:
* Stamp set: Dreams du Jour by SU! - coming soon to the new catalog!!
* Colors: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Choc. Chip, WW & Bella Rosa dsp.
* Instead of the slit punch for my scallop, I used the new SU! scallop edge punch. I then used my white Signo gel pen to put dots on each scallop.
* Used a choc. chip stitched (non SU!) ribbon.
* Instead of buttons, I used 1/2" circle tile spots with punch outs from the stamp for my embellishment.
* Left off the sentiment strip.
* Used 2 scallop circles under the main image for bordering. Main image is up on dimensionals and then the entire panel is up on dimensionals.
The two embellishments I used, which until today were unopened, are the ribbon and the tile spots. The ribbon I received from a secret sister exchange quite awhile ago and the tile spots I bought months ago, because I had to have them, and not used since then!!! I included a pic of my embellies for you to see.
So take a minute and look around your stamp room and see what you can use that has, until today, been unopened and unused!! You know you have something, now is the time to get it out and put it on a fabulous creation!!!
To be entered in the challenge drawing, make a card with your unused embellishments, upload it either to your blog, or to an online gallery and post a link to your card to this blog entry as a comment by August 2, 2008 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner through a random number generator and post the next day. Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenge and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it!
If you upload your card on SCS, please put GCA2 (NO SPACE IN BETWEEN GCA AND 1) in the keyword section. That way everyone can look at all of the creations at once!
Please remember I am leaving for SU!'s convention Tuesday morning and will return home late Sunday night. I will check in as often as I can during the week, when I find a computer!!! I will most likely post next week's challenge on Monday, August 4th. So I've given you extra time to work on this challenge!!