Monday, June 30, 2008

Butterfly Thanks


Hello my fellow stampers!!


On my card today I combined two challenges from SCS: Featured Stamper and Try a New Technique.

The FS this week is chelemom AKA Michelle! She is a fabulous stamper and scrapbooker and she is also on the design team with me for Treehouse Stamps!!! How cool is that? As I went through Michelle's gallery, I had a hard time picking just one card to case!! But I finally settled on this card here. I was drawn to the quiet simplicity of her card and I like butterflies!

My changes are:

* Stamp set and colors of cardstock

* Type of ribbon

* I incorporated TLC175 on my card

* I cuttlebugged the white panel with the Swiss Dots folder & rubbed chalks on it

* I changed the layout of the sentiment

* Instead of stitching, I used my jumbo wheel, Lots of Dots over the Blue Brocade panel

TLC175 is Chalk Pouncing, where you rub the chalks onto the BG first, stamp your image on using Versamark and then "pouncing" the chalks onto the versamarked image. You can see the complete instructions here. I then used a sealant to keep my chalks from getting rubbed off. I used Brocade Blue, Mellow Moss and More Mustard chalks, but it's difficult to see in the photo.

I hope everyone had has beautiful a Monday as we did here in southeast Michigan!! Perfect weather and sunny all day!!

Happy Stamping!!!


~~~Ann~~~

1 comment:

Michele Kovack said...

Awwwww, you are sooooo sweet!!! This card turned out beautifully!