Monday, February 21, 2011

It's a Celebration - Vintage Style GCA 125!!


Hello all!!!  Since today is President's Day I have the day off and therefore I can create to my heart's desire!!  And do some laundry in between!! 

Here's another birthday card for the challenge this week.  An eclectic/vintage/collage style that I love to do!

The card base is Cherry Cobbler.  The scallops were cut with the Big Shot and Tasteful Trim die.  This is still available for purchase!  Two cut in black and one from the Newsprint dsp.  The back strips were embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.

You can't see it clearly in the picture, but I used the Extreme Elements set to stamp a background.  I stamped the large "splot" in Cherry Cobbler, the feather swish in Black staz on and the Fleur-Di-Lis in Versamark.  The crown was stamped in Cherry Cobbler and versamark and then clear embossed.

The other Eiffel Tower is from the Artistic Etchings set.  Not sure who makes the "face" stamp, but I thought it went very well with the collage.  The leaf is from Martha Stewart and punched in Kiwi Kiss for a pop of another color.

And to add some bling I put a rhinestone on the sentiment tab.  A mini library clip with Very Vanilla 1/8" tafetta finishes it off.  All the images are popped up with dimensionals.

Hope to have you play along this week!

Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

No comments: