Sunday, November 8, 2009

GCA #65 - A Scrappin' We Will Go!!


Hello all!!! Sorry for the late post. Today was club day and I am also packing to be out of town all week.

As I've said in previous posts, my club girls want to do more scrapbooking pages and so I really need to practice!! I am not a traditional scrapbooker and therefore I look at my pages more as a card front than a scrapbook. But, like my cards I tend to over do!!!

The page I have for you today is the actual page we did at today at club. The colors we used were different, but the layout was the same as well as the overall theme.

I started this page with a 12 x 12 piece of Creamy Caramel, since my theme was fall. The center mat piece is 8 x 8 from Confetti Cream.

The strips of dsp on the right are from the Autumn Meadows pack out of the Holiday mini. Those are both cut at 10" long and the top piece of dsp is ripped along the edge. A strip of 1/4" Chocolate Chip grosgrain, More Mustard brads and Not Quite Navy buttons finishes the strip off. Not sure if you can see in the picture, but I tied linen thread (LOVE IT) around the ribbon and through the button holes.

The leaves were cut with the Leaves #2 die and my Big Shot. I just received this die and I love it!! So many possibilities and not just for fall. And since I do not have any of the alphabet dies (I know what am I waiting for?) I used one of the sayings from the Bright Blessings jumbo wheel: "Blessings brighten when we count them". This is so true for me and the two little guys and one big guy on this page!!!

On here I have my son Gregory, grandson Cameron and second grandson Malaki. I wanted to put another photo of Malaki on here, but my printer wasn't cooperating with me!

So, the challenge this week is to create a scrapbook page, or a scrapbook theme project, upload it to either your blog or to an online gallery and post a link to your creation to this blog entry by November 14, 2009 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner the next day. You DO NOT have to follow my layout!! If you upload your card to SCS, PaperCraft Planet, Stampin' Addicts or Stamp TV, please put GCA65 in your keywords. That way everyone can see all of the wonderful creations at once!

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenges and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! And yes, my challenge is open to everyone who visits, even if you live outside the US!

Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

3 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Cute page Ann. Sorry I haven't been doing the challenges, but still in Utah and all my goodies are in Tennessee.

Irit Shalom said...

scrapbook page- best challenge ever for me
here is my lo

Irit Shalom said...

FIEST OF ALL- AS MY MAIL WAS LOST AGAIN- THANKS FOR THE RAK- THE FROGGY STAMPS WERE SO CUTE AND I USED THEM ON MY GREAT LO TOO- THANKS. AND NOE FOR MY 2 ND LO- I TOLD YOU SCRAP IS ME!! THANKS FOR THIS CHALLENGE
HERE IS MY 2 ND LO