Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Mail Day!!



Hello everyone!!! Who wouldn't love to receive this adorable snail from Treehouse Stamps in their mailbox? Much better than receiving bills and junkmail, that's for sure!!

This card was created using Ashley's Brainwave Wednesday challenge she hosts on her blog, Ashley's Creative Corner, every Wednesday. This is for last week's challenge, BWC #11, which was a color combo with Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, Taken with Teal and River Rock. I used white as my neutral.

I used Bravo Burgundy for my base and then decided to use my Diamond CB folder, I just had to have, and hadn't used yet for my next layer. Before I ran it through my CB, I inked up the folder on the negative side with River Rock, put my white layer in and than ran it through the CB. When your done, you have the ink on the non-embossed parts of the cardstock. You can check out this cool technique and others by clicking on the Technique Junkies logo on the left and see everything they have to offer.

I also used SC #180 for my layout. I put my olive layer on to mimic the snail in the grass. To color in the snail I used a blender pen and my River Rock and Taken with Teal ink pad lids for watercoloring. Once dry, I went over all the Teal parts with a clear glitter pen. Not sure how well this shows up in the photo.

The scallop sentiment is up on dimensionals, and I used SU!'s Old Olive polytwill for my ribbon.

That's all I have for tonight, but I'll have BWC#12 up tomorrow!! So be sure to check back here tomorrow and check out Ashley's blog for all the deets!!!

Happy Stamping!!

~~~Ann~~~

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Super Cute Card, Ann!! I love this! Excellent work on the color challenge! Hugs, Ash~