Monday, November 19, 2007

Believe in Santa


Most of you know by know on Sunday SCS has the Featured Stamper, and this week it is Shelly aka Papermoon04!! What a fabulous gallery!! You have to check out the FS for this and see all of Shelly's great work.

I had a hard time picking out just one card, and then I saw this card here: I Believe . I just received my Santa from Lizzie Anne Designs and I knew this was a great chance to use!!

The changes I made were:

*Colors, stamps*I used brads in the right upper corner instead of eyelets

*I placed my sentiment on an oval punched piece on the lower left

*I ran my ribbons under the vertical panel

*My dp is layered on colored cardstock

I embossed Santa in black and colored him in with different mediums. On his hat I used Reneejul's No Copics, No Problem! technique, on his face I used the Blush Blossom marker and his beard, mustache and eyebrows were done with my Signo white gel pen. I used a small pom pom for the ball of his hat.


Nothing major to describe about my card except how I colored Santa.

My second card uses Beate's week end sketch and a new technique from Technique Junkies: Cuttlebug Smoosh! Check out TJ from the link in side bar for more info on the fabulous newsletter Pat puts out every other month!

I joined in the TJ swap and this is my swap card. I used the snowflakes folder and Cotton Candy spectrum pad for my main image. I also used PaperTrey's white cardstock for the embossing. Since it is heavier weight than SU's! I think you get a deeper embossed image.

And since I like to use more non-traditional colors for Christmas, I went with Cranberry Crisp, Pretty in Pink, Always Artichoke and Brushed Gold. I used my crimper on the Artichoke strip to give even more dimension to the card.

The single snowflake is from Season of Joy stamped in whisper white craft and embossed in white ep. The sentiment is from So Many Sayings stamped in Artichoke and punched out with the WW punch and layered onto both oval punch pieces. I took the plunge and cut my So Many Sayings apart and mounted them on EZ Mount and use them with a clear block. This makes this so much easier to use this set!!!

Well this makes 2 more Christmas cards done!! How are your's coming???


Take care and Happy Stamping!!


~~~Ann~~~

No comments: