Thursday, March 31, 2011

Love You - DIC141


Hello all!!!  Time for another UDI Blog Inspiration challenge!  I just love the inspiration picture that Maria picked for us this week.  A very simple, yet focused, picture of a Monarch butterfly on a yellow flower.  It gives such a nice feeling that Spring is finally coming.   Make sure to check out the UDI Blog and play along.

My inspiration came from the yellow of the flower and the butterfly.  The newest Technique Junkies newsletter is loaded with fun and interesting techniques to try.  The technique that I used on here is called Millefiori.  It is based on an Italian way for making stained glass.  I used three different sets to create the background piece:  Flower Fancy, Pick a Petal and Dreams du'Jour.  I can't give you all the specifics of the technique, but if you check out the Technique Junkies site, you can get the details for getting the newsletter.

The main image and butterfly come from the Dreams du'Jour set.  And this image is great for also using the Outof-the-Box technique because it's already set up for you!  I stamped it twice, once in black staz on and again in Kiwi Kiss.  I then cut the image out, leaving the leaves and bud outside the box, following the inner boxed lines.  I then layered it with a dimensional with the second image.

Luckily for me, I stamped a butterfly in just the right spot so I could cut it out and pop it up over the stamped image.  Helps to give it even more depth.

The "bow" is a faux bow using the instructions from Mary Brown.  The entire background panel and strip are popped up on dimensionals too.

This is going out to my March Just One partner with Technique Junkies.

Don't forget to check out the UDI Blog and play along if you can!

Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

3 comments:

Sandi said...

What a beautiful card Ann!! It does just scream "SPRING." Love how you did the background images.

carolm said...

beautiful ann!! love everything about it. xox

Stamp Magic said...

Oooo! Ahhhh! I love the bright spring colors! Beautiful card!