Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Candy Cane Christmas - DIC124!!


Hello all!!!  This week Maria, over at the UDI Blog, has presented us with a yummy inspiration picture of candy canes!!!  Since I have been working on Christmas cards I had this one all ready!!

The card base is Blushing Bride along with Real Red, Whisper White and the Candy Cane dsp.  Love that dsp!!  The stamp set I used is Season of Joy.

The eyelet punched border is attached on the inside of the front and I cut 1" off the bottom to make it even.

My first intent was to stamp the collage sentiment in the Blushing Bride and then over stamp the tree in Real Red.  Well.... I decided that wasn't going to work, so I stamped the tree on Whisper White and cut it out.  I used the new stick on rhinestones for my "bling"!  The big Candy Cane buttons was used with the Blushing Bride poly twill. 

So check out the UDI Blog and play along if you get the chance!!

Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

2 comments:

Jeannette Siciliani said...

What a beautiful card! I love all the wonderful details, like the button.... love buttons!!

Barbara Dykhouse said...

Ann, this is beautiful! I love the tree image popped up, even though I know it is work to cut it out. And all of the details put this over the top. Wonderful card!