Sunday, February 14, 2010

GCA #78 - In Honor of President's Day!


Hello all!!! Wow what a fast week this past one was!!! While here in Michigan we did not receive as much snow as the DC area and East coast did, we did have a couple of days that were no fun!! I do not like snow, and I do not like driving in snow even more than that!!!

So, I was a slacker this week and did not get my sample card up from last week. So sorry!! On to this week, though!!!

Tomorrow is President's Day, which means I have the day off work, do you? And during the month of Febuary we also celebrate George Washington and Abraham Lincoln's birthdays.

So, for the challenge this week your cards, scrapbook pages or projects need to incorporate one of the following:

In Honor of George Washington:

* use the colors from the $1 bill
* use silver somewhere based on his appearance on the quarter
* use cherries on your creation - in honor of him chopping down the cherry tree
* make your creation something to do a "first" as he was our first president

OR

In Honor of Abraham Lincoln:

* use the colors from the $5 bill
* use copper somewhere based on his appearance on the penny
* make your creation a "celebratory" one in honor of his abolishment of slavery
* use something to represent his love for the theater

You do not need to use all four parts for either president on your creation. Only one element is needed.On my sample I decided to honor George Washington. My card base is kraft and I used a strip of the "Welcome Neighbor" SAB dsp of the trees and a strip of Old Olive embossed with the Polka Dots eb folder.

The flower was cut in chipboard from the "Birds & Flowers" die and covered with a piece of Sweet Pea dsp in So Saffron. The branch is punched with the new 2 step bird punch.

I ran a strip of chocolate chip poly twill around the front of the card and stamped "Happy Birthday" in brown staz on from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

And for me, this is a Clean and Simple card based on layout #77 on the Clean and Simple blog.

Upload your creation to either your blog or to an online gallery and post a link to your creation to this blog entry by February 21, 2010 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner the next day. If you upload your card to SCS, PaperCraft Planet, Stampin' Addicts or Stamp TV, please put GCA78 in your keywords. That way everyone can see all of the wonderful creations at once!

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenges and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! And yes, my challenge is open to everyone who visits, even if you live outside the US!

Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

3 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Ann this was a fun challenge.
Here's my card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1627238?&cat=500&ppuser=66979

Hazel said...

my card with some copper theme is here x

Kate said...

What a great challenge! Here's my card

( :
Kate