Friday, October 2, 2009

Poppin Gingko!!


Here is my Tri-Shutter card for the VSN mini. Since I had alot of these papers/colors out on my table from a previous project, the card went very quickly, AFTER I got all the cuts figured out!! Actually it was the folding that hung me up more than anything. I used the Melon Mambo & Going Gray textured cs, Basic Black and Urban Oasis dsp. My stamp set is the Kind and Caring Thoughts - Hostess Level 3. But I made it just under the 45 minute limit! If you click on the link it will take you to the tutorial on SCS for this awesome card!!

I made my first circle medallion with the Top Note die and I just love doing that!! And as you can see I used the leftover pieces on my card. The two brackets are from the first cut and the faux photo corners are from the third cuts. If you click on the link for the circle medallion, it will take you to the blog post by Kimberly Van Diepen, who came up with this cut!! Another great use for the fabulous Top Note die!!!!

And since I had my chalks out from the other challenge to use our chalks, I went with those on here too! And you ask, what do my chalks have to do with this card? Ever heard of Poppin Pastels? It is an old, but wonderful technique to do with your chalks/pastels.

Here's a short tutorial for you:

* Stamp your image(s) in versamark on the cardstock of your choice

* Using a sponge dauber, q-tip or other type of applicator cover your image(s) with the chalk colors of your choice. BE CAREFUL to not rub or swirl with your applicator on the first layer. This will smear your image. You can use as many colors as you like, but be cautious with mixing too many colors as they will muddy.

* Finish your card as desired.
Happy Stamping!!
~~~Ann~~~

4 comments:

redsmomma said...

Hi Ann! You made a tri shutter card! Yay! It looks fabulous!!! Thank you for the tutorial on the versamark and chalk as well. Ive had my versamark sitting here for a bit and wasnt sure what to do with it! now i have some inspiration. I also wanted to let you know that I received my goodie package in the mail the other day. I love all of it, the stamp is so cute! Thank you thank you!!
~anna

StampinCathy said...

Ann this is just one stunning card. I've been wanting to try this style of card, but haven't had the time. One day I'll get to. I just love the colors and details you did.

StampinCathy said...

Ann,
I wanted to let you know that my fun package arrived safe and sound. I just love everything and can't wait to play with it all. Thanks for the beautiful cards too.

Laura Pinto-Nguyen said...

Thank you for the kind comment on my blog. This card is absolutely stunning!!!