Sunday, April 19, 2009

GCA #37 - Time to get Vintage!!


Hello all!!! What a busy and crazy week I've had!! As you know, my grandson Cameron was here last week, and just went home yesterday!! I love that boy, but oh does he make me work!! LOL!


I did get some stamping time in, and I have projects to share, I just couldn't find the time to post!! My goal for today is get these uploaded and set to post during the week! Somehow I have to fit in the laundry and finish the baby shower invites!!

But, on to this week's challenge!! For this week, we are going for the "vintage" look. Now vintage can mean different things to different people and you may create your card/project with your style of vintage! This is an area I have difficulty with, but I do love all the cards/projects I've seen with the vintage style.

My sample is the teacup I made at the SCS MI Mingle in Bay City last month!! This was one of the coordinator challenges and my teacup won second place!! This challenge was hosted by Pattyb. She had the template printed on different colors of cardstock and we went to town on the rest! I was attempting to go for a "vintage" look, but not quite sure I achieved it!! I also used my new wheel, Friendly Words and my Lots of Dots wheel.

My base is Sage Shadow, which I wheeled over in Lots of Dots with So Saffron ink, and then over stamped/wheeled with the Friendly Words wheel in Basic Gray. I then took my Basic Gray pad and ran it along the creases of the cup and around the bottom edge.

The 'trim' is with So Saffron and wheeled with SS ink with my Lots of Dots wheel. Again, I ran the pad along the crease of the trim. I used the scallop lace edge punch to make it look like "lace"!

The images are from the level 1 hostess set, God's Beauty, which I colored with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and cut out. The fern is the MS fern punch. I used the new white satin ribbon and PTI's lemon tart stitched gg to tie up the package!!

To be entered in the challenge drawing, make a card or project by "Going Vintage", upload it either to your blog, or to an online gallery and post a link to your card to this blog entry as a comment by April 25, 2009 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner through a random number generator and post the next Sunday.

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenge and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! If you upload your card on SCS, Stampin' Addicts or Paper Craft Planet, please put GCA37(NO SPACE IN BETWEEN GCA AND 37) in the keyword section. That way everyone can look at all of the creations at once! If you've been waiting to join in the fun, jump on in and have some fun!!


Happy Stamping!!!


~~~Ann~~~

4 comments:

StampinCathy said...

OMWord! This is just breath taking. I just love the colors and all the details on this tea cup. Ann it looks vintage to me. Thanks so much for the inspiration each week.

StampinCathy said...

Here is my card for this week.

Front
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1319886?cat=500&ppuser=66979

Inside
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1319887&cat=500&ppuser=66979

Linda said...

Ann, this project is simply stunning. Wow, a lot of work, but worth it!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

OMW!!!!!!!!!!!!this is definitely a WOW!!!!!!!!love the intricate detail. tfs:)
Chat