Sunday, November 2, 2008

GCA #15 - Ottoman Empire Inspiration!


Hello everyone! This week for the GCA, we are focusing on this sumptuous bedding collection called, Ottoman Empire, from Soft Surroundings. The muted colors in this bedding just pulled me in and made me want to crawl right into that bed!! But before you start your creation, look at the entire picture and not just the bedding itself. See the chocolate headboard, the white orchids and sunlight coming into the room?

Take your inspiration from the colors, scroll work on the headboard or the patterns in the bedding, but use this picture to create your own masterpiece!

I'm finishing up my sample, but I have my grandson right now and he does not make stamping easy!!! : ) I'll upload it this afternoon.

To be entered in the challenge drawing, make a card using the different dimensions for your cards , upload it either to your blog, or to an online gallery and post a link to your card to this blog entry as a comment by November 7, 2008 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner through a random number generator and post the next day.

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenge and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it!If you upload your card on SCS, please put GCA15 (NO SPACE IN BETWEEN GCA AND 15) in the keyword section. That way everyone can look at all of the creations at once! If you've been waiting to join in the fun, jump on in and have some fun!!

I'm excited to see what you come with!!

Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

3 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Ann,
I just love the colors in this bedding. Here is my take on this weeks challenge.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1117873?cat=500&ppuser=66979

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi, anyone know the manufacturer of this bedding? It is permanently out of stock and Soft Surroundings can't tell me the manufacturer due to contractual reasons. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I have the same question. I am looking for the manufacturer of this bedding. No answers? Any hint?