Sunday, October 12, 2008

GCA#12 - Shadow Stamping!!




Hello everyone!! This week for the GCA we are focusing on a fairly easy, yet striking technique, I call Shadow Stamping! I'm sure there a lot of different names for this technique, and if you know the proper one, please let me know!

Both of my samples use the same stamp set, yet have different layouts and embellishments on them. On the first sample I used Mellow Moss ink for my horses. The layout is the sketch for last week's World Card Making Day event on SCS. The second sample uses Certainly Celery for my horses. This layout was cased from the "Wanted" gallery on SCS.

Here's what you need/do to create a shadow stamped image:

* Use a solid stamp image for best results

* Once you have your image picked out, colors and layout you are ready to stamp!

* You start your shadow from either the left or the right, depending on your image/style of card and if you are right or left handed.

* On my samples I started from the left to give the effect of horses running

* With your first image, ink up the stamp and then STAMP OFF TWICE on scrap paper, then stamp the image on your cardstock in the desired place.

* With your second image, ink up the stamp and then STAMP OFF ONCE on scrap paper, then stamp the image on your cardstock, overlapping the first image. You want to create the illusion of movement or a shadow of the image.

* With your third image, ink up the stamp and STAMP FULLY INKED, again overlapping the second image.

You need to use at least 3 stamped images, but you could do more. Placement does not have to be perfect, unless it is in your nature to do so!! LOL!! On my samples, I just eyeballed where the first image was and went from there! I DID NOT use a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig or a ruler.

Most importantly have fun with this technique!! It will certainly give your cards a WOW factor not expected by the recipient.

To be entered in the challenge drawing, make a card using the different dimensions for your cards , upload it either to your blog, or to an online gallery and post a link to your card to this blog entry as a comment by October 17, 2008 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner through a random number generator and post the next day.

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenge and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it!If you upload your card on SCS, please put GCA12 (NO SPACE IN BETWEEN GCA AND 12) in the keyword section. That way everyone can look at all of the creations at once! If you've been waiting to join in the fun, jump on in and have some fun!!


Happy Stamping and I'm looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations!!!


~~~Ann~~~

5 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Ann I just love both your cards. Love the look of this technique. Can't wait to try it.

StampinCathy said...

Ann,
Here is the link to my card.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1092126?cat=500&ppuser=66979

Sounds like you have been having fun with workshops. How fun to be surrounded my stampers that love to stamps.

Have a great and creative week.

The life of an ordinary girl said...

Here is my card for this week - either splitcoast
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1092275?cat=500&ppuser=85110
or my blog
www.starstampers.blogspot.com

Thanks much,
Brandy

Amber (bambi64) said...

Wonderful cards, Ann. Email me as I don't have your email address and need to pass something on to you. hillmanfam@woh.rr.com Thanks!

Elaine said...

Hi Ann! I'm in! I just finished my card! :)

http://aplaceforink.blogspot.com/2008/10/happy-fright-night-card.html

Thanks for another great challenge! I've never really made a card that showed motion like this, so you've inspired me to create once again!

hugs,
Elaine