Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy Cupcake Day!!!


Hello everyone!! I have one card for which incorporates 2 of this week's challenges on SCS!!! The TLC is for Paper Tole and the Ways to Use It is for rub-ons!

To be honest I had never used rub-ons before SU! put them out in the newest catalog! I was a little afraid to use them at first, but after I did I fell in love with them!! They are so easy to use and make a great addition to your card, project or whatever you are working on!!! On here I used the SAB Love & Happiness rub-ons.

My basic layout for this card came from one of the cover creations from the December 2007 issue of cards. I like the simple layout and how it lets me put the focus on the main image, which is the cupcake!!

The TLC for this week is Paper Tole. There are two layers of the cupcake, but the third frosting layer is up on thicker dimensionals than the bottom portion. I put a clear raindrop over the cherry to give it added depth.

Paper tole is where the same image is stacked to provide dimension to the key features. Since I only have the cupcake, I kind of went a little crazy with dimensionals and foam squares!!! My picture isn't the best and I may re-take it tomorrow during the day. It's hard to see the depth of the Paper Tole, but it's there!

Doesn't the cupcake look yummy enough to eat?? This stamp and the sentiment are available from Treehouse Stamps. If you haven't yet checked them, head over there right now and see all the wonderful stamps they have!! There is also an awesome sale going on right now!!


Happy Stamping!!!


~~~Ann~~~

No comments: