Sunday, September 30, 2007

Have a Happy Bday!!


Hello everyone!! It's Sunday and you know what that means!! Featured Stamper day on SCS!! Today the FS is Jenn Balcer. She is very involved with the operations at SCS and a terrific stamper and scrapbooker!! And not only is her gallery filled with awesome and beautiful creation, but she shares pictures of stamping events she attends with other SCSers!! I really like that so I can put faces with screen names and learn their real names. You know where the link is for the FS! Go check it out, you wont be disappointed!

After browsing through Jenn's gallery I decided on a birthday card she made last year with one of the SAB sets. Since I am still playing with my new Gina K. set, Make a Wish, I thought a male birthday card would be perfect. Here's the card of Jenn's I chose: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/186666?cat=500&ppuser=1037

This was a quick and easy card to put together, especially since men don't like all the frilly stuff we ladies do. Here's the changes I made from Jenn's card:

*Colors more appropriate for a man: Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, Al. Artichoke & Nat. White
*Stamp set - I used Make a Wish
*I used my CB Happy B-day folder instead of a BG stamp
*I added another layer under the CB panel
*I did sponging on all the Naturals White panels
*My ribbon is Navy organdy and is with a pewter swirl clip
*I used my tag corner punch on all the panels

The main images are up on foam tape. I colored my cake image with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and blender pen. No distressing on this one!!

I'm working on another as I found so many wonderful ideas, and I'll post that as soon as I finish it!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Don't forget the Blog Candy contest! I will draw the winner on Tuesday around 12 noon!!

Happy Stamping!!


~~~Ann~~~

No comments: