Sunday, July 7, 2013
Happy Sunday everyone!!! Today I have to share with you the first of my scrapbook pages I entered for the Artisan Award Design Team contest by Stampin' Up!
The page is 12 x 12 and uses Basic Black as the main page color. I pulled the colors for the page from the picture of my granddaughter, Alysha, and what she was wearing.
I just love this picture of her and how I seemed to capture her dreaming off into the future! That's why I went with the butterflies and cloudy day embossing folder (now retired) to try to capture that.
The butterflies were cut with the Beautiful Wings embosslit and Beautiful Butterflies die. The large butterfly was actually "double cut" with the two large half butterflies on the die to give you a double effect. I hope that make sense! I then topped it with the larger butterfly from the embosslit.
The scallops on the title are actually circles cut with the 1 1/4" circle punch and topped with rhinestones. I finished off the page by shadowing the edges with the Whisper White craft pad.
I really like how this turned out!!!
Thanks for looking!!!
Saturday, July 6, 2013
Hello all!!! Here is my second 3D project that I submitted for the Artisan Award Design Team contest. It's a mardi gras mask. I've had this idea in my head for the longest time, then SU! made one in October 2011 (I think!) and I TRIED to make one last year, but it didn't work. Soooo, this year I rethunk my plan and this is what I came up with!
First, I found a bigger mask to work with than I did the first time. And then, instead of trying to cover it with designer series paper (dsp), I covered it with our now retired More Amore fabric. I was so happy that I got the words on here straight the first time!!! I adhered it with Mod Podge.
I colored rhinestones with a black sharpie and outlined the eyes with them. The Vanilla Flower trim (now retired) was colored with Real Red ink. The paper doilies above the eyes were colored with Basic Black ink and just cut in half and glued onto the back.
To give the mask a little more height, I cut some dsp from the neutrals stack and the rosette die. I then adhered a large rhinestone at each of the scallops.
The rest is pretty much embellishments to help make it "look pretty"!
Thanks for looking!!
Friday, July 5, 2013
Hello all!!! I really must get back in the hang of posting on my blog! I have so many creations to share, but it seems like life just gets in the way!
What I have to share with you today is a burlap topiary. I made this project as one of the 3d items for the Artisan Award Design Team contest through Stampin' UP! Unfortunately, I was not chosen as a finalist, but now I do get to show off my projects that I submitted!!
This is a double ball topiary, pre-made, that I cut flowers from the Fun Flowers die out of burlap. I used four different shades of burlap, 2 dark shades and 2 vanilla shades. The center of the flowers have smaller burlap flowers in contrasting colors and then centers cut from our now retired fabric. All of the flowers were attached with straight pins and then covered with the flower centers so you can't see the pins. I have NO idea how many flowers I cut, but I DO know that I had burlap dust everywhere!!! And was sneezing my head off!!
The jar was painted with plain white craft acrylic paint that was tinted with Pool Party re-inker. There is two coats inside to give it a nice thick coat. I kept the embellishments outside simple, since I wanted the focus to be on the topiary.
Of all the projects I did, this one was my favorite. And took me the longest to complete too!! Probably about 3 full days if I added it all up, but it was worth it in the end, even if I didn't win. I just hope to see it on display at convention.
Thanks for looking!!!'